Lady Gaga's "You and I"

Lady Gaga's "Yoü and I" video is eye candy, if your type of eye candy involves freaky sci-fi love stories.

The music video certainly recalls many of the personas in Gaga's world.

But there are two other significant personas that fans of the singer will recognize from the Gaga-verse, her male alter ego, Jo Calderone, and her mermaid alter ego, Yuyi. But those not as familiar with all things Gaga might be wondering just who these two are.

There are nods to many of Gaga's past incarnations. When she stands at a crossroads in a big hat, the image is reminiscent of  "Telephone" Gaga. When she sits nearly makeup-free at her piano in the cornfields, there are touches of the teary-eyed makeup-less Gaga from the "Bad Romance" video. Flashes of her wedding may remind fans of the wedding dress she wore in the "Judas" clip.

Robot Gaga's facial structures recall some of the steampunk looks of her "Alejandro" video. Those are only a few of the nods to past personas from her own videography.

Check Out: Lady Gaga's House in Bel Air

With the just-announced news that Lady Gaga will be opening next week's MTV VMA Awards, we've got more exclusive scoop for you on the pop star.

Wait till you find out which of Gaga's biggest gal-pal collaborators isn't exactly a big fan of her brooding male alter ego Jo Calderone in the video for "Yoü and I".




"When I met Jo, I didn't particularly like him," Gaga's "Yoü and I" music video director and choreographer Laurieann Gibson tells us. "When I'm done speaking to him I'm like, 'Thanks Jo, you can leave.' But she's remarkable when she goes into this side of her and it's quite brilliant and amazing. And like I said, I didn't like him at first. I'm not sure if I like him, but he's really quite compelling and interesting."

"The look, it comes with her interpretation of her male energy," says the Emmy-nominated Born to Dance reality star. "I'm not sure how she came up with the physical likeness but as far as capturing him and filming him and giving him a story, I was really moved by the opportunity to do that."

As for if we'll be seeing Jo during Gaga's VMA performance next week. "Not sure if I've got to call his manager," Gibson joked. "Let's just say I'm in the zone."

Meanwhile, Gibson teased that "Yoü and I" will not be the last mini movie off of Gaga's Born This Way album.

"We are planning on doing more videos," she says. "It's gonna go in a different direction, a powerful one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...